'Touch of the Times' Ready For Screening on Wednesday

Ivy, Films, Harvard's undergraduate Hollywood, finished shooting its first production a week ago. Now, after slashing away at over 8000 feet of uncut film, the outfit has 70 minutes worth of comic fantasy, a true "Touch of the Times," ready for sheak preview Wednesday.

Still without its musical accompaniment, Wednesday's 7:30 premiere for club members and special guests will be held behind the closed doors of Lamont Library's new Forum room. Official debut for the production is sometime in May, when special music will have been dubbed in and final polish put on the Celluloid opus.

Charles Yoder '49, president of Ivy Films, explains that only a duplicate film has been spliced together for this first showing. Should Wednesday's performance indicate that some changes are needed they can be speedily made when the original reels are operated on for the May showing.

Year's Work

The result of more than a year's work, over 300 hours of shooting time have gone into "A Touch of the Times." Filmed on the spot in Boston and vicinity with the assistance of Ivy Films members, pledges and cooperative bystanders, the movie gets itself involved in the situations arising when factory workers decide that flying kites is more fun than working machines.

It was written and directed by Michael Roemer '49, and the lion's share of the photography was done by Hugh Foster '50.