PBH Hopes to Corral 200 Pints of Blood

Phillips Brooks House will try once again to glean 200 pints of blood from the University and Radcliffe when it holds its second blood drive of the year on May 2 and 3. A drive conducted last fall flopped when nearly 100 potential donors were refused at PBH because they were either under ago or lacked the parents consent necessary for men between the ages of 18 and 21.

This time, the Blood Committee, under the direction of Frederick M. Fialkow '51, has attempted to rectify the situation by distributing parental release slips before vacation. Thus, donors under 21 can get the slips signed at home during vacation and return them to PBH by mail.

The Blood Committee started canvassing Monday for volunteers. Those wiesing to give may also sign up at PBH.

The blood collected will go to needy families in Cambridge free of charge. Men giving their blood are entitled to as much blood as they or their imroeli family might need at any time in the future without any cost to them.

As an added alteration, all freshman donors will get P.T. credits for the blood they give.