Food Survey

Now that the student body has almost forgotten its demand for a survey of College food, and lapsed back into appreciation of the perceptible, if minor, improvement in the quality of dining hall food since the recent furor, the Administration has come up with a survey. This is a Good Thing, and about time.

This survey--the Administration prefers to think of it as an "inquiry"--is being made by Andrews S. Seiler who is most decidedly a food expert. He is also a member of the Overseers Dining Halls Visiting Committee which qualifies him as a friend of the University, and this is fine because he won't be selling any steam tables along with his survey.

The investigation will not be formalized; Seiler will make specific recommendations, of course, but since he is in the University family, so to speak, his report will have none of the air of an ultimatum about it.

Everything about the inquiry is auspicious: the fact that it is being made, to begin with; the way it is being made, with intent to correct, not chastise; and the man who is doing the job. May its results be as heartening.