Tennis Squad Swats Brown, 7-2, For Season's Third Straight Win

Ager Wins in Twelve Games; New Doubles Combinations Beaten

Winning all but the last two doubles matches, the varsity tennis team defeated Brown yesterday for its third straight win of the season. The score was 7 to 2.

The only close match for either side on the Soldiers Field courts was played by Jack Frey in the number five singles. He was forced to three sets before finally winning, 4-6, 7-5, 7-5.

The easiest match for the Crimson, on the other hand, was the number one singles where Bud Ager defeated his opponent 6-0 in both sets. All the matches except the number five were played in only two sets.

Captain Ted Bullard also had a fairly easy time beating the number two Brown man, 6-3, 6-1. Charlie Ames, Hilliard Hughes, and Jay Robb were the other winners in the singles.

In the doubles Coach Jack Barnaby departed from his pre-game lineup, placing what was supposed to be the number three team in the number one position and two comparatively new teams in the two and three spots.

Robb and Dave Key were able to defeat the number one Brown doubles team but Match Reese and George Plimpton, and Ed Bacon and Ham Craig had no such luck.

Of these two matches, the closest was the number three doubles played by Bacon and Craig. The first set was a pushover for Brown.

Singles--Ager (H) defeated Gonzales (B), 6-0, 6-0; Bullard (H) defeated Briggs (B), 6-3, 6-1; Ames (H) defeated Love (B), 6-0, 6-2; Hughes (H) defeated Crafts (B), 6-3, 6-3; Frey (H) defeated Herst (B), 4-6, 7-5, 7-5; Robb (H) defeated Curbelo (B), 6-1, 6-4.

Doubles--Rob and Key (H) defeated Gonzales and Love (B), 6-1, 6-3; Crafts and Alsop (B), defeated Reese and Plimpton (H) 6-4, 6-1; Curbelo and Kennedy (B) defeated Bacon and Craig (H), 6-0, 8-6.