Yale Wallops Varsity Track Team, 111-29

Yale won its fifteenth straight dual track meet Saturday in New Haven when it crushed the Crimson varsity 111 to 29. Howie Reed's hammer throw of 159 feet 6 1/2 inches representing Harvard's only clear win in the fifty-third clash with the Blue.

Saturday also served as final time and distance trials for the Harvard-Yale-Oxford-Cambridge Meet, which will be held in the Stadium here June 20. On the basis of Harvard's poor showing, the varsity will only be able to make one entry, two-miler John Cogan, while Yale will enter 16 varsity men in the international meet. Both teams, will enter three members of the Class of '52.

Those who scored for the Crimson besides Reed were: Dave Best and John Harrigan, who figured in a three-way split for first in the high jump; Jeff Tootell, who took thirds in the discus and shot; Harvey Thayer, who took a second in the 220 and a third in the quarter. Charlie Keith and John Holbrook, scored second and third place respectively in the javelin; John Thorndyke and Cogan, took seconds in the hammer and two mile respectively, and Jon Spivak and George Kumpel took thirds in the 100 and broad jump respectively.