North Carolina Shuts Out Tennis Team, 9-0, Indoors

Rain moved yesterday's Crimson North Carolina tennis match indoors, but the transplanting didn't hurt the Tarheels game at all as they set down the varsity by the shutout score of 9 to 0.

The games were originally scheduled for the Soldiers Field courts, but when all-morning rains made the courts impossibly soft, Coach Jack Barnaby quickly rescheduled the number one and number two matches for the Badminton and Tennis Club in Boston and arranged for the rest of the matches to be played in the Brookline Country Club.

Harvard Handicapped

To meet the powerful Tarheels the Crimson had the services of but two of its first team singles men. Bud Ager was delayed with exams and couldn't meet the Tarheels' star performer Vic Seixas. Number four man Hilliard Hughes was ill.

Playing in Ager's spot, Captain Ted Bullard turned in a fine first set against the spectacular, hard-smashing Seixas, but he dropped his match, 6-4, 6-3. Jay Robb won the only Crimson singles set at number four, but lost his match, 6-8, 6-2, 6-4.

Ager Enters Doubles

Ager arrived in time to play in the doubles, and, pairing with Bullard, faced Seixas and Charlie Taylor in a brilliant match won by the Tarheels, 7-5, 6-1.

This afternoon the varsity will have a somewhat easier time when it plays Wesleyan at 3:45 p.m. at Soldiers Field. But Wesleyan boasts number one man Henri Salaun who also gave the squash team a hard time last winter.