6 Law Fellows Picked, Begin New Program

Six young lawyers have been appointed to the newly created positions of teaching fellows at the Law School, Dean, Erwin N. Griswold announced yesterday.

The Teaching Fellows will direct a new program designed to increase the effectiveness of first-year law instruction by aiding beginning students to gain a better grasp of basic legal processes and by improving their methods of study.

Individual Attention Stressed

A series of weekly meetings of student groups supplemented by individual conferences will be started next year to implement the new program.

The new Follows are all either third year students or recent graduates of the Law School. Their appointment is for the school year 1949-50.

They are: Roger A. Cunningham '42 L '48, Thornton G. Edwards L'49, Ray Garrett, Jr. L'49, Donald C. Lubick L'49, Frederick B. MacKinnon L'48, and Joseph P. Morray L'48.

Cunningham and Morray both graduated from the Law School with honors. Morray is now attending the Law School of the University of Paris, while Cunningham has been with a Boston firm since his graduation.

Lubick has served as President of the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, at the same time Edwards was Vice President. Lubick is also on the staff of the Law Review.