McInnis' Nine Prepares for Elis and Tufts

Godin Will Probably Work in First Yale Game; Turner Likely Starter in Tufts Tilt

Stuffy McInnis called the first full-scale practice since exams began for his baseball team yesterday and came out of the afternoon well satisfied. All he has to do now is decide on his pitchers for the Tufts game Saturday and the Yale tilts Monday and Wednesday.

The big one, of course, is with Yale at New Haven on Monday. This one will decide the league championship--for Harvard can tie with Princeton for the title if they down the Elis then. The second game here on Wednesday doesn't count in the standings.

Turner May Work Saturday

For this reason, Stuffy said last night that he probably would use top hurler Ira Godin in the New Haven game. "I'm not sure yet--and won't be until tomorrow; but I think we'll use Barry Turner against Tufts and here again on Class Day, and pitch Ira on Monday."

The Crimson coach said, however, that if Godin goes Monday he will almost certainly see service in part of the second Eli game--so Class Day fans will get a chance to see the team's top hurler for at least part of the game.

The rest of the lineup seems certain to be unchanged. Herbie Neal and John Caulfield will alternate in the outfield, depending on whether opponents use right or left-handed pitchers; but otherwise things will be the same as in the last league contest, before exams.

Two More Practices

There will be practice sessions today and tomorrow before the Tufts game, which is an annual event and part of the Medford school's Class Day exercises.

A win over Yale Monday would put the Crimson back into a top-place tie with the Tigers, with the only other threat coming from Cornell, which could also tie for leadership if it wins its one remaining league outing.