635 to Register Today at Radcliffe

An estimated 635 Radcliffe upperclassmen will line up to register for the fall term today in Longfellow Hall.

Today's registration, closing at 5 p.m., will bring the Annex enrollment to a total of 944 undergraduate students. The 279 members of the Class of 1953 and 30 transfer students enrolled Saturday afternoon in a special orientation week registration.

The upperclass registration number falls below last year's when more than 700 sophomores, juniors, and seniors checked in at Long follow. A record crop of freshmen, however, keeps the total enrollment on a par with last year's mark of 940 students.

Graduate school enrollment of 300 holds about even with the 318 students registered in 1948-49 as about 263 girls sign in today. The graduate school total also includes students in the Management Training Program. Those listed for the Management Program, a year's course in personnel work, registered in August.

Although large, the number is a drop from peak graduate enrollment during the war years.

Today's registration deadline will finish off two days of moving into dormitories for Radcliffe upperclassmen. Although freshmen have been dorm-situated since Thursday, upper classmen were barred from the halls until 3 p.m. yesterday. All Moors Hall residents also had to delay moving in until yesterday as a late opening date was scheduled for the 'Cliffe's newest dormitory.

Despite registration, the College does not open formally until 11 a.m. tomorrow when President Jordan and Dean Cronk-hite will address the undergraduate and graduate body.

Seniors, clad for the first time in the traditional cap and gown, will lead the procession into the Church.

Following the ceremony, the undergraduates will remain to hear speeches by Joan Braverman '50, president of the Student Government Association, and Deans Sherman and Kerby Miller. Graduates will adjourn to a special graduate meeting.