Varsity Plans Pass Defenses For Big Green

Crimson Line Suffers Loss of Sedgwick

Offensive plays and pass defense featured yesterday's football practice as the varsity went through its last major workout before tomorrow's game. Both Crimson and Dartmouth elevens will held light drills in the stadium this afternoon.

A gap in the line resulted when the offensive right tackle, Duke Sedgwick, resigned from the squad for personal reasons.

Following the usual Thursday schedule, Coach Jordan held contact work to a minimum and concentrated on setting final offensive patterns and briefing the defensive secondary on the Big Green's potent passing attack.

Bobby Ray and Jerry Blitz ran as halfbacks in the first offensive unit yesterday while Phil Isenberg and Dave Warden were on pass defense. Bill Healey, recovered from his pre-season injury, also did quite a bit of running from the tailback slot.

Lemay May Be Out

Linebacker Buddy Lemay is still in the hospital being examined for a kidney disorder, but guard Jerry Kanter, who was bruised in the Army game, worked out yesterday and Jordan hopes to be able to use him against Dartmouth. Center Paul O'Brien will take over Lemay's backer-up spot and Bob Fallon is likely to start in Kanter's position.

With no further injuries likely to turn up today, the varsity is in the best shape it has been so far this season.