Alumnus Will Print Deacon '50 Yearbook

House loyalty paid off last night when an alumnus of Kirkland House made possible the continuation of the only House yearbook. The Deacon's Testament.

On October 25 it was announced that land House activities, would have to be the Testament, a yearly summary of Kirkland House activities, would have to be abandoned because of rising printing costs. A Kirkland alumnus who owns a printing firm in Indiana heard about the difficulty, and has offered to print and bind the book free of charge.

John H. Carnahan '50 has taken the lead in reviving. The Deacon's Testament. He has not yet formed a complete staff, and the project itself is still in the planning stage.

Housemaster Mason Hamond '25 gave his blessing to the revival, saying, "It is a fine idea as long as they break even." The book lost $250 last year. The House Committee has also given it approval.

Carnahan called the Testament one of the few tangible evidences of House spirit. He said this year's edition would be a mirror of daily life in Kirkland House.