Radcliffe Lines Up Program For 'Drumbeats and Song'

Over 150 men and asserted handfuls of Radcliffe students will take the spotlight for Radcliffe's March 10 performance of "Drumbeats and Song."

The Harvard Hand will play at 8:15 p.m. for the first half hour of performance and then will close the program with an additional half hour of band selections. Vaudeville numbers are scheduled for the interim part of the program, with members of the Radcliffe Choral Society, the Radcliffe Dance Group, and chorslers from Harvard, performing.

Program plans for the interim vaudeville session call for a "Park Avenue Fantasy," by the Radcliffe Dance Group, a Charleston number by Jesnno Dinsmore '52 and partner, and a tap routine by Barbara Higgins '51 and Anne Cary '52.

Handling chorus numbers will be Alice Sedgwick '53, Susan Storck '53, Margaret Hankins '52, Gwendolen Cowie '53, Barbara Furrer '53, Christine Poindexter '53, Yolando Lyen '51, Diana Stallings '52, and Enid Trinkle '50. Harvard members of the chorus will be Richard B. Curtis '52, Christopher R. Knauth '52, Richard C. Hutchinson '52, Donald M. Holmes '52, Harrison M. Wright '50, David B. Rees '50, Rodman D. Carter '51, Robert F. Pfeiffer '51, David N. Shapire '51, and Lloyd C. Neilson '59.

"Freshmen Flower Vendors"

An all-freshman team will sell flowers corsages at the dance following the performance from 10 to 12 p.m. In Memorial Hall. Proceeds from these sales, in addition to the intake for the "Drumbeats" performance will benefit the Radcliffe Student Government "Grant-in-Aid" Fund. The fund, established last term through the recommendation of Jean Braverman '50, president of the Radcliffe Student Government Association, will help students in need of small grants of money.

This is the first year that an undergraduate committee has handled all arrangements for the one night performance of "Drumbeats and Song." During the past two years the Radcliffe Alumnae Association has staged the event to benefit the College's 70th Anniversary Fund.

Tickets for "Drumbeats" are available at the Coop, Phillips Brooks House. Agassiz House at Radcliffe, and at Moors Hall.