Change Improves WHRB Reception

The recent moving of WHRB's frequency has, by some unexplained means, greatly improved the station's reception in some parts of the College. Steady reports have been received since the Monday night transformation, mostly from Lowell and Eliot, stating that the Network is coming in better than many of the Boston stations.

Former technical director George H. Mcaly '49, said last night that Network officials had had a vague idea that the frequency switch would bring this result. "In regular broadcasting," he explained, "a lower frequency brings a greater wave length, usually resulting in clearer reproduction and greater volume at the reception point."

"We could only hope," he added, "that electrical phenomena would produce the same result in our coaxial cable system. We haven't done any testing, however, so we know nothing about the situation in our outlying districts."

The new system enables WHRB to broadcast within the power alotted them by the FCC and still have full coverage of the College, with much clearer reception in some areas.