Varsity Nine, Behind Godin, Plays Weak Amherst Club on Road Today

Chances are reasonably good that Ira Godin, making his fourth start for the varsity baseball team today, will return from Amherst with his first success of the season. Game time is 3:15 p.m.

Godin, who must also pitch Saturday, feels he hasn't been getting enough work and it is generally believed that, with the weather somewhat warmer now, the right hander should hit his stride. Godin faces a mediocre Lord Jeff nine-- worst since the war.

Most of Coach Paul Eckley's troubles have centered around his pitching staff. His star righty, Don Dunbar, suffered a shoulder separation as the Jeffs bowed to Rutgers, 12 to 0, last week, and Willie Wilson, a southpaw who went all the way to beat Bowdoin, 7 to 6, for Amherst's only victory of the season, will oppose Godin this afternoon. Eckley's club has been defeated five times, including a loss to Yale. Should Wilson need help, John Bergin is Eckley's number one relief man.

Formerly Coached Amherst

Crimson coach Stuffy McInnis would really like to win this one. He coached Amherst two years ago when Eckley was ill and the student body voted him an honorary member of the senior class. lineup remains unchanged from the one that stopped Navy here Saturday: Cllif Crosby behind the plate, John Caulbeld, Tom Cavanaugh, John White, and Myles Huntington from first to third, Bernie Akillian, Ed Foynes, and Hal Moffle from left to right in the outfield.

Formerly Coached Amherst