Hard-hitting Bob Bramhall Will Captain Varsity 1951 Tennis Team

Robert R. Bramhall '49, of Fort Smith, Arkansas and Dunster House was elected captain of next year's tennis team at a squad meeting in Dillon Field House yesterday afternoon.

Steadily improving his hard-hitting game this spring, Bramhall moved from alternate number six man on the spring trip squad to a secure number three berth by midseason. Meanwhile, his powerful cannonball and twisting egg ball service were the mainstays of the second doubles.

Bramhall seemed to play his best when the chips were down. Against Princeton he out blasted the former New England interscholastic doubles champion for one of the two Crimson wins of the afternoon. He also beat a highly-rated Yale opponent to keep the Crimson hopes alive during the singles Tuesday. Bramhall took up the game only three years ago.

James E. Bacon '52 of Chicago, Illinois and Winthrop House was elected manager of the 1951 squad while Frank A. Well '53 of Katonah, New York and Straus Hall was elected assistant manager.