University Given More Cash Gifts

Gifts for capital totalling $2,237,121.66 in addition to gifts for immediate use totalling $1,055,468.82 were given to the University during the months of January, February, and March.

The majority of the grants were given to meet specific needs, but $253,016.16 was put into unrestricted funds.

The Business School received $530,453.000 most of it destined for immediate use. Coupled with the $400,000 which it received in the last half of 1949, this brings to $930,453 the total of the fund drive the Business School is now conducting.

Under the terms of a $5,000,00 conditional gift by John D. Rockefeller, Jr. to the School last year, the Business School must raise another $5,000,000 by July 1 of this year.

Unannounced pledges bring the total of the School's drive closer to the needed amount, but indications are that the Business School is still far away from $,5000,000.

A large gift from the $200,000,000 Ford Foundation could help close the gap. Dean David is a director of this newly-formed organization which is about to begin activities and is the largest charitable trust in the United States