Nine Seeks E.I.B.L. Third Against Brown Tomorrow

The varsity nine has to win tomorrow afternoon when it travels to Providence to play Brown. A victory will put the Crimson back into a third place tie with Cornell and a loss will send it down to fifth. With only three games to play, a loss would automatically eliminate the team from the championship race. Brown is currently in seventh place and has two games left this season.

Weekend activity in the league clarified the race to the point where it is now certain that Stuffy McInnis' nine must win all of its remaining league games to stay in contention for the title. Providing that this is successfully accomplished, a feat which would require the Crimson to have won nine out of its final 11 games, the team will find itself in at least a two-way tie for the title with Army, and more probably a three way tie with the Cadets and Princeton.

Princeton is the only team which has a clear shot at the crown. With a record of six wins and one loss, the Tigers must only defeat Yale and Dartmouth to carry off the honors. Yale is now in fourth place while Dartmouth is alone in the cellar.

Turner to Pitch

Barry Turner is officially slated to pitch against the Bruins. Turner has a two and two record in league competition, but he has weakend in the late innings of his last outings. McInnis has been religiously rotating his two starters-Turner and Ira Godin-all season, and it is likely that he will continue this policy.

If he does, Godin may not receive another league start again this year, for the right-hander's next regular assignment comes up against Williams on June 17. The Dartmouth game, which will be played only if a league tie is possible, is tentatively scheduled for June 13, and if the nine wins tomorrow, Godin may go then. Godin is second among league pitchers with his two victories and stands just three strikeouts short of the all-time Harvard record. In the event that Turner does weaken, Cliff Crosby will be ready for relief service.

The Crimson will probably be opposed tomorrow by Bud Powell, Bruin ace. Powell has two league games behind him, a victory and a defeat.

Same Lineup

McInnis will stick to the same lineup he used in last week's Penn game. The team played perfect ball for the first time of the season against the Quakers.

When asked to comment on the team's chances for the league title and or the N.C.A.A. bid, McInnis says, "we'll just try to win 'em, one at a time, and then see what happens afterwards."

The lineup: Foynes, cf, Caul field, 1b, White, ss, Crosby, c, Akillian, lf, Robinson, rf, Huntington, 3b, Cavanaugh, 2b, Turner, p.