Football Ticket Priority

THE MAIL

It appears to me that the priority system of the football ticket policy is somewhat unfair. For some reason or other which I am unaware of, seniors have the opportunity of always obtaining the best seats, whereas graduate students, though paying the same price, are last choice, and are usually forced to sit behind posts. Wouldn't it be fairer to everybody if any student can buy his ticket on the firs today, i.e. the "first come, first serve" method should apply to the whole student body.

The only possible reason I can see for the priority system is to prevent long lines on the first day. This certainly is not valid reason for preventing graduate students from having a decent seat at a football game.

In defense of this priority law, I have been told that every student will be a senior once, so that if the whole college career is considered every student has an equal chance. This reasoning does apply to undergraduates with few exceptions. However, for graduate students the situation is entirely different. A large percentage of the graduate students at Harvard have done their undergraduate work elsewhere. These students are being treated unjustly by the priority law. Harold Genshor 2G