Cadet Wrestlers Hand Crimson Its First Loss, 26-6

Minus two of their best competitors, the varsity wrestlers dropped their first match of the season Saturday afternoon in the Blockhouse. Army's squad of superbly conditioned athletes muscled their way to a 26 to 6 victory.

Johnny Lee (123) and Bud Adams (137) were out with injuries; thus the lightweight classes which had given the Crimson a solid foundation for its two previous wins were much depleted and West Point built up an early commanding lead.

Harvard's two successes came at 130, where Captain Dave Smith gave one of the finest performances of his college career, and at unlimited. Here, Humphrey Heidtmann proved he can give away a height and weight advantage and still win, for he is a smart, cool wrestler.

Before Saturday's match, the freshmen elected as captain Hugh Pollard Chandler, of Auburndale and Wiggles worth Hall. Chandler was undefeated as captain of his Milton Academy team last year and is unbeaten at 167 pounds in three matches so far this season.

All together, the Cadets registered four falls and two decisions. Victims of pins were Dave Shapiro, Icko Iben, Ted Anderson, and Charlie Keith. Joe Kozol, who filled in on short notice for Lee, and Joe Hubbard were decisioned.

In the preliminary match, the freshmen--aided by three defaults and scoring four pins themselves--blanked B.U., 38 to 0. Simultaneously at Andover, the junior varsity bowed, 16 to 11.