Freshman Hockey Team Bows, 5-4, To Belmont Hill; Bray Scores Three

Belmont Hill downed the Yarding hockey team, 5 to 4, yesterday afternoon at the Arena to hand Coach George Roberts' men their first defeat of the season. Jeb Bray's hat trick led the Crimson scoring.

Tim Casner whipped home a rebound to rack up the first Belmont score midway in the first period, and Jim Riley slipped the second goal for the visitors past Dick Driscoll at 14:08. But 30 seconds later Dick Clasby moved the puck over the blue line before passing to Bray, who lashed home a 30-foot shot for the first Crimson tally.

Belmont increased its lead in the second period when Bill Cleary sank two goals, one at 1:37, the other at 7:18. The second Crimson score came less than a minute later when Clasby again stickhandled to the defense and passed to Bray, who fired a hard shot just inside the far post, six inches below the crossbar.

Bray scored his third goal on a screen shot into the upper left hand corner midway in the last period. Jim Colt tapped in a pass from Fred Horween to tie the game, but the prop-schoolers tallied the winning goal shortly thereafter from a scramble in front of the cage.

The freshman play Andover away today on the schools new outdoor rink. The lineup: HARVARD  BELMONT HILL Driscoll  g  Devine Coolidge  rd  Ferguson Patton  ld  Perry Horween  rw  Riley Colt  c  Cleary Wood  lw  Casner