Caravan From Hollywood Arrives Tomorrow Featuring Film Lovelies

Several million dollars worth of beauty, brains, and brass will roll into the Square Friday morning as the Hollywood good-will caravan visits Cambridge, 15 limousines strong.

The parade of pulchritude has been touring New England since Monday giving hello-goodbye performances in city halls and squares in every town that has a movie house.

Svelte sarong-sisters, Dorothy Lamour and Debra Paget, portly Alfred Hitch-cock, and Harry (The River) Breen, with their retinues of press agents and movie moguls will proceed under police escorts to the Sumner statue, near the information booth.

There the Band, the mayor, the fire department and representatives from every group that could think up an excuse to be next to real, live lovelies, will greet the celluloid royalty, collect autographs, and let the troop move on.

In charge of this cast-of thousands spectacle is Stanley Summer, manager of the University Theatre, who maintains that its idea is not to sell more movies. The expeditions were sponsored, said Sumner, just to show audiences that their favorite film folk are really real.

Harvard students will have a full opportunity to get to see the Good-Will Caravan because of Friday's holiday. Extra police have been detailed to prevent any disturbances.