Last-Minute Brown Score Ties Crimson Booters, 1-1

By James M. Storey

Crimson booters wallowed through another muddy game yesterday and came up with another tie, this time against Brown in Providence, 1 to 1. Coach Bruce Munro, who has been hunting all season for the "finisher" to put scoring punch in the Crimson attacks, has finally formed a forward line that shoots, but still is looking for one that can score.

In its third tie game of the season. Harvard took 25 shots at Bruin goalie Joe Tauro 16 in the first half--but could sink only one in four 22-minute periods and two overtimes. Actually, Tauro made only 15 saves: the other Crimson attempts were inaccurate. Yesterday's draw in the next to last game of the season brings the Crimson record to two with three defeats, and three ties.

Ufford Plays Well

Fullback Charlie Ufford played his most spectacular game of the year to lead a Crimson defense that was uniformly strong. Ufford made a brilliant save in the second half by leaping ten yards across the open goal to deflect a free shot. In addition all of his kicks were long and accurate.

The halfback line, spared by Larry Leonard successfully kept the Bruins out of Harvard zone, so Crimson goalies had to stop only six Brown shots.

The Crimson put the pressure on Brown throughout the whole game, keeping the ball in the Bruins' rent of the time Twice good scoring opportunities were muffed once on a dropped ball in front of the goal and again on an indirect kick in the first half, called when the Brown goalie took too many steps before kicking.

At 13:00 of the third period Brown kept pressing and finally scored two minutes before the game ended. when Captain Bob Goodell sank a loose ball that was six or seven yards in front of the lets.

Coach Bruce Munro felt that the Crimson played one of their host games, despite the tie and felt that he had never had a team that had improved so much as this year's.