Yardling Soccer Team Clashes With Andover

Despite a depleted lineup, the freshman soccer team hopes to upset a powerful Andover squad on the Business School Field at 2:30 p.m. today. The Blue has tied the Yardlings for the past two years.

Brazilian Alex Haegler, Crimson center halfback, is unavailable for the weekend, so left half Charlie Jobbins will move over to center and Buck Amory and Bob Leary will alternate at left half. The Yardlings will also lack the services of aggressive center forward David Wise, who is suffering from an injured ankle incurred against M.I.T. Tuesday.

Bill Cowperthwaite will shift from right inside to Wise's position, and substitute Roland Hok will fill the vacant slot.

Andover is rated powerful this year after it tripped Deerfield Academy, 2 to 1. If comparative scores mean anything, Deerfield tied Phillips Exeter Academy, 1 to 1, while Exeter downed the Yardlings, 3 to 2.

Last fall it was a different story. An inspired freshman team held Andover to a 1 to 1 tie, while the '53 soccer team battled to a scoreless deadlock.