McGill Ruggers Beat Crimson, 3-0, In Rain-Soaked International Match

The rugby team lost to McGill University, 3 to 0, last Saturday in a game which sometimes resembled water polo. With the football and soccer matches called off, and Soldiers Field closed because of the rainstorm, the ruggers had to play their international match on the municipal ground adjoining the WBZ television studios.

McGill's Bill Kelaher scored the only goal of the game in the first half, kicking the ball over the goal posts on a penalty kick.

The two teams played in a continual downpour. Many parts of the field were inches deep in water, and towards the end of the game it was impossible to distinguish one team from the other.

Al Ramsay, captain of the Montreal team, said that the match was the toughest his team had played this season. The Crimson forwards played very well, keeping the ball in the visitor's territory during most of the game.

Crimson coaches Tom Calhoun and Brad Lundborg thought the bad weather had been a lucky break for the Crimson ruggers. Because of the mud and the slippery ball, McGill's fast backfield lost it's potential advantage over the Crimson backs.

The ruggers toasted the visitors at the traditional post-game beer party.