Traditional Concert by Glee Clubs Opens Princeton Weekend Tonight

Intercollegiate rivalry will take as breather Friday night when the Harvard and Princeton Glee Clubs present their annual joint concert at 8:15 p.m. in Sanders Theatre. The program will consist entirely of American compositions.

Long a traditional fixture on Princeton weekends, the concert will be this year's debut for both organizations. The choristers will be conducted by Elliot Forbes '40, assistant professor of Music at Princeton, and Randall Thompson '20 and G. Wallace Woodworth '24, both professors of Music here.

The concert will feature music by Aaron Copland, current Charles Eliot Norton Professor of Poetry, and Thompson. Other works to be performed include three songs from colonial New England and compositions by Edward T. Cone and Gall T. Kubik.

"Last Words of David"

Thompson has made a new arrangement of his, "The Last Words of David" especially for the concert. The composition was originally commissioned in 1949 to celebrate the late Dr. Serge Koussevitsky's twenty-fifth year as director of the Boston Symphony Orchestra and was arranged for mixed voices, orchestra and piano. The new version is scored for male voices alone.

Tickets for the concert may be obtained at the Glee Club's offices in Holden Chapel or at the Coop.