Varsity Matmen Down Tech, 20-14; Freshmen Romp, 38-0, With 7 Pins

Four pins in the opening five matches proved decisive as the varsity wrestlers defeated M.I.T., 20 to 14, at the Blockhouse, Saturday. In the preliminary meet, Howie Houston's freshmen made a clean sweep with seven pins and one decision, and routed the Engineers, 38 to 0.

All Crimson points in the varsity meet came on pins. Eddie Bursk at 123 pounds, opened with a second-round pin, while Bud Adams at 130 and Icko Iben at 137 followed quickly with a couple of plans in the first and second rounds, respectively.

Chandler Uses Press

Chick Chandler at 157 was the only Crimson wrestler to win a match after that, using a father arm and body press to pin his man in the second period. Myles Cunningham, at 147, lost a hardfought decision to Engineer captain Sy Buckstaff; Dick Farrington dropped his 177-pound match on a decision; heavyweight George Bates was pinned on a body press with seconds remaining in the last round; and Joe Hubbard lost a tight 3 to 2 decision to Engineer Bob Ebeling, in the 167-pound class.

The freshman meet was runaway, with Dick Adams at 122, Pete Coker at 130, Pete Hiam at 127, Pete Sourian at 157, Len Miller at 167, Ken Culbert at 177, and heavyweight Tim Anderson all producing pins. Bill Schobelein, 147-pounder, was the only man to win by a decision.