Debating Council Loses First Round Of Ivy Debate Series to Princeton

Princeton took the first round from the Debating Council last night in the opening of a series of Ivy Debates.

The teams argued the topic: "Resolved, That the federal government adopt a permanent program of wage and price control." The New Jerrey delegation took the negative and won.

Lester L. Ward '52, president of the Debate Council, joined with Jay R. Nussbaum '52 in presenting the losing affirmative case while Charles Thompson and Daniel Wilkes were the successful Princeton orators.

The oral clash was the thirty-fifth of the term for the Debaterg who were Ivy champs last year and runners-up the year before.

The chief attraction of debating activities next week will be the Thursday contest with Oxford on, "Has the Sun Set on the British Commonwealth." Wilbur K. Jordan, president of Radcliffe, L. C. S. Barber, British Consul General of Boston, and Erwin D. Canham, editor of the Christian Science Monitor will serve as judges.

JACK THOMPSON, Princeton senior, makes his points while DAN WILKES, Princeton, JAY NUSSBAUM '52, and LESTER WARD '52, look on in that order.