Basketball, Track Teams See Action Saturday Evening

Two groups of Crimson athletes will see action in the brief between-terms vacation. On Saturday night while the basketball team is taking on Boston University in the Blockhouse, 19 trackmen will run and jump to Boston Garden to compete in the annual indoor B.A.A. Meet.

Jaakko Mikkola has consented to let Ronnie Berman enter the invitation Hollis 600. Although not announced officially, the competition will include Boston College's Iry Howe and possibly Charley Moore of Cornell, winner of the Millrose 600 last week.

Bob Mello will vault for Harvard; Dick Barwise and freshman Ty Smith will high jump; and Charley Durakis, Bob Twitchell, and Smith will enter the high hurdles event. Geick, Pete Curran, and either Durakis or Twitchell will also run the dash.

The same varsity mile and two-mile relay quartets of recent competitions will be teamed, while Pete Dow replaces Joe Ratyna (bad tendon) in the freshman mile relay.

The varsity basketball team, continuing to play at unusual times, meets an upcoming Boston University squad at the Blockhouse this Saturday. The between-terms contest will start at 8:30 p.m.

The visitors will show a young team--four sophomores and one junior--but one that has been improving consistently. Included in B.U.'s four and four record is an 82 to 60 victory over Tufts, a team which beat the Crimson. The Crimson, however, had no trouble at all in trouncing M.I.T., 60 to 41, while B.U. lost to Tech by one point.

The men from across the river boast a high-scoring threat in six foot four center Art Reisner. The hulking sophomore scored 57 points in his last two games, mainly on a dependable hook shot.