Sextet Sees Action Tonight Against Strong Eagle Squad

The varsity hockey team will open the second half of its season tonight agaisnt a powerful B.C. sextet at 9 p.m. at the Arena in the second game of a doublcheader opened by Brown and B.U. These four teams, now best in the East, are the likeliest contenders for the N.C.A.A. nomination to represent the East at Colorado Springs. Harvard has a 9-3 record.

Cooney Welland's men, with only one day of practice since the end of exams, will be playing without the services of defenseman Jack Carman, who was graduated in February, and wing Morgy Hatch, who won't be dressing because of a Navy drill. The Eagles have already played two games since the end of their exams, beating Dartmouth, 5 to 4, and Northeastern, 2 to 0.

The Crimson defeated the Eagles, 5 to 3, before Christmas vacation, but since then B. C. has beaten B.U. and Brown, both of whom tripped Harvard. B.C. Coach Snooks Kelley has juggled his lineup since the first Crimson game, however, with Frank O'Grady now playing on defense because of several injured or ineligible players.

Joe Kittredge, Crimson first line center, is the leading point scorer in the East with 32 points (24 goals). Captain Lew Preston (18 points) and Hal Marshall (17 points) complete the first line.

Harvard--Corning or Richardson, g; Burke, ld; Wykoff, rd; Kittredge, c; Marshall, rw; Preston (C), lw.

Boston College--Carrell, g; Costa, ld; O'Grady, rd; Morgan, c; Burnett, rw; Ceglarski (C), lw.