Bingham Successor Still Unknown; Overseers May Name Man in April

Harvard's new athletic director is still a mystery man.

Although the April Overseers' Meeting has been set as the probable time for the announcement of William J. Bingham's successor, the seven man committee appointed to choose a candidate has given absolutely no clue as to when it will select.

What is certain today is only the modicum of information available one week after the February resignation--but, the man will be under 40 and second, he must be a Harvard graduate.

The first of these qualifications was expected to provide some controversy for the ad hoc committee, but it is believed that men over the required age were dropped without too much opposition.

Last week several of the committee members returned from trips to other sectors of the nation, but whether they had been on business or not could not be definitely ascertained.

Last night rumor had it that the next resident of 399 Harvard Street will be a man now living outside of New England. A source close to the committee stated that the man has been active in Harvard athletics since graduation, but that source would not reveal the man's name.