'Prince' Says Contracts Set For Draft Test

Princetonian Reports Printing Contract for Exam Signed; Testing Services Makes Test

Two sources indicated yesterday that some sort of deferment policy for Selective Service would soon be released and would let most students play with their books.

The Associated Press reported that Senators claim a new deferment direction which President Truman told his peace conference in being prepared will allow as many students to stay in college on the 570,000 deferred this year.

Meanwhile the Daily Princetonian, Princeton undergraduate daily reported that the Educational Testing Service in Princeton had signed a contract for printing a deferment test for the nation's youth.

No Comment

Officials of the testing service, which also prepares the College Board Examinations, last night declined comment on the Princetonian story. The CRIMSON reported in October that Major General Davis B. Hershey, director of Selective Service, had asked the Testing Service to draft a classification test.

The Washington report quoted law-makers as saying they expect the new draft policy to defer almost all freshmen next year; all sophomores who were in the first half of their class their first year; juniors in the upper two-thirds their second year; and seniors in the upper three-fourths their third year.

On the basis of knowledge that has asked about the classification test, nearly all students enrolled at Harvard should be able to pass by a comfortable margin.