Yard Nine Loses 4-2 to BU Terriers

John Arnold pitched a fine game for the freshman nine until the eighth inning, when a B.U. double and a single plus a Harvard error broke a 2-2 tie and allowed two runs to score, defeating the Yardlings 4 to 2, Wednesday afternoon.

Arnold struck out five men in the first two innings, and when the Crimson scored two runs in the bottom of the second, everything looked fine.

Then B.U. flinger Joe Aliamo, who pitched a two-hitter, yielded two walks, and '54 catcher Ron Peyton laid down a successful sacrifice to move the runners along. The two runs scored on an error by the second baseman.

In the top half of the seventh Arnold passed his opposing pitcher, Harry Flynn, and then a muffed grounder put runners on second and third. Both Terriers scored on a wild throw to catch Flynn off third. Arnold finally put out the fire with a strike-out. He struck out ten, walked eight, and gave up five hits.

The final two runs came over in the eighth inning. Again a missed catch allowed the B.U. batter to reach first, and a single followed by a long double scored two men.