Lacrosse Team Caps Trip By Whipping Hofstra, 10-3

Victory Gives Crimson 3-2 Record; Hudner, Kelly Top Scorers

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y., April 7--Harvard's barnstorming lacrosse team finished its spring trip with a convincing win here today, trouncing a rough, but outclassed Hofstra squad, 10 to 3. The win was the team's third; it lost twice.

The Crimson grabbed a three-goal lead before the game was four minutes old, and added two more before the Dutchmen were able to tally, at 8:59 of the second period.

Clearly tired after its long tour, Coach Bruce Munro's team showed some defensive weaknesses -- particularly in clearing--and understandable shooting inaccuracy. But the squad demonstrated a fine willingness to check hard and exhibited occasional stickhandling and playfaking brilliance.

Crimson Smashes Stevens, 15-5

Hudner had his biggest day of the trip in the first game, on April 2 against Stevens Tech at Hoboken. He shot three goals himself and set up seven others to lead the squad to a 15 to 5 win. Kelly paced the goal scoring with six.

Ten Smothers Penn, 18-1

Playing smoothly and "together," both offensively and defensively, the Crimson ran all around a weak Penn team, 18 to 1, in the second game, played April 3, at Philadelphia. Ned Yost whipped home seven goals; Huebsch and Kelly got two each.

Navy Sinks Crimson, 14-3

A rugged, fast Navy team had little trouble beating a tired varsity, 14 to 3, on April 4 at Annapolis. It was a costly game for the Crimson: midfielder Rip Lynch hurt a shoulder and was lost for the rest of the trip; Huebsch also injured a shoulder, but was out for only one game, Despite the high score, goalie Syd Clark excelled making 31 saves, many of them difficult.

Varsity Bows to Maryland, 14-2

Hampered by the absence of Lynch and Huebsch, and exhausted--this was its fourth game in as many days--the Crimson lost to a tricky Maryland team, 14 to 2 on April 5 at College Park.