Adless Magazine Put Off Till Fall

Plans for a new literary magazine which was scheduled to make its first appearance in April, have been shelved until next fall, Bradley S. Philips '51, publisher and editor-in-chief, announced last night.

"We just didn't feel like doing it this year," Philips explained, "so we bought a Lincoln Continental instead."

The nameless magazine's editor reported that enough material had already been collected for one issue, but that be and his associates preferred to hold of publication until a stockpile of stories has accumulated.

Fitzgerald Influence

Jerome W. Goodman '52, former managing editor, resigned after a policy dispute over the material to be used. When told of the Lincoln Continental investment, Goodman's only comment was "another horrible manifestation of the influence of F. Scott Fitzgerald."

Still associated with Philips in the venture are Harold R. Brodky '51 and James W. Downs '51. Their prospective magazine is to be privately financed and adless.

Late in March the group announced its plans to publish a first issue shortly after spring vacation. The original incentive to put out a magazine of fiction captures to "a wide, but select audience" remains unchanged.