Fake Kinsey Representative Telephones Radcliffe Dorms

A sexual pervert professing to be a representative of the Kinsey Foundation called Racdliffe yesterday. The man, who said he was Professor Howard, asked the girls on bell duty to answer questions for use in the Foundation's Research work.

The interviewer told the girls that 100 Radcliffe students would be contacted within the next few days and asked if they would anonymously answer his questions.

The girls later reported that he asked these questions in the course of the interview: Are you married? Do you belong to the age group over or under 20? Do you date? Do you kiss on dates? Do you engage in petting? Have you taken part in sexual intercourse? Would you before marriage? Are you a homosexual? and other questions the students described as more distasteful.

Although the caller conducted the interview in a convincing and scientific manner, one of the girls suspected his authenticity and consulted the Social Relations Department. Samuel A. Stouffer, director of the Laboratory of Social Relations, said the man could not be a legitimate interviewer for the Kinsey Foundation because they do all their work in personal interviews rather than by telephone.

Cambridge police reported that they had not received any complaints from girls who had received calls.

In other parts of the country, however, police have received notice of a number of such imposters. The activity is regarded as a form of sexual perversion.