Yale Game Marks Crimson's Full Color Television Debut

Only two Harvard football games will be televised this season, but one will be in glorious color. The Columbia Broadcasting System will make an exclusive color telecast of the Yale game from the Bowl November 24.

The other broadcast will be on a local basis: the Dartmouth game, scheduled October 27. On other weekends, the N.C.A.A. experimental bans will force Crimson followers either to buy tickets or take their loyalties elsewhere for the weekend.

Weekend Review

After each weekend this season, the National Research Opinion Center of the University of Chicago will study the effects of the curtailed broadcasting on football attendance at games throughout the country.

Last June the N.C.A.A. TV experiment caused the University of Pennsylvania to catapult itself into the collegiate dog-house when it tried to go alone and ignore the N.C.A.A. ruling.

After several weeks of vacillation, all of Penn's major opponents said they would cancel their scheduled games with Penn if the Quakers persisted in having all their games televised. The N.C.A.A. threatened to expel Penn unless it agreed to the TV ban by a given date. One day before this date, Penn surrendered its position.