GE Courses Tops in Popularity; Social Sciences 2 Leads With 578

General Education courses still run far ahead of the rest of the field in popularity, according to figures released yesterday by Registrar Sargent Kennedy '28. Five of the most popular 13 courses were in the G.E. field.

Aside from the required Gen. Ed. Ahf, which has 1,234 members, Social Sciences 2 is easily tops with 578 men. The next closest is Math 1A, with 484, almost 100 fewer. Social Sciences 2 was behind Humanities 4 last year, in second place.

At the same time, Humanities 4 declined from first to tenth. It now attracts 283 students, compared with 552 last year.

Humanities 2 remains third, with 450 students. Economics 1 registered a sharp increase in popularity, climbing from seventh to fourth with 437 members, while Chemistry 1 dropped one place to fifth, and now attracts 368 students.

Comp. Lit 166, fifth in 1951, and Social Sciences 1, which was sixth, experienced declines. The former is now 14, the latter 17th. Government 1a is in sixth place with 329 students, Biology 1 right behind it with 314, and a surprising addition, Music 1, is eighth with 311. Government 155a holds ninth place with 289 students, while Humanities 4 rounds out the list of the top ten.