Adams Shuts Out Deacons, Ties Eliot for League Lead

A spirited Adams House eleven moved into a tie for first place in the House league yesterday with a 7 to 0 victory over Kirkland. The Lowell-Dudley game was postponed until November 18.

Gus Valhos led the Gold Coasters to their third victory with a 63-yard runback of a pass interception from the Adams 36 to the Kirkland one. Tailback Jack King backed over from there and Bob Picard kicked the extra point.

Adams dominated the play throughout and kept the ball in Kirkalnd territory almost the whole game. Tackle Hugh MacDonald, and guards Win Sharples and Tom Vickery sparked the winners' defense. End Tom Crump also excelled on offense, with a circus catch of a pass on the Kirkland ten-yard line.

Adams' three victories this year betters their total output in the past two years. Last year they shared the league cellar with Dudley, both teams losing six and winning none.

In touch football, Kirkland ran over Adams 50 to 12, and Lowell forfeited its game to Dudley.

Dave Osnos scored three times for the Deacons and tossed two touchdown passes to lead his team to victory. Ted Berkeley scored twice, and Dick Sheer, Jim Jones, and Jim Urdon each tallied once for Kirkland. Sid Singer and Marsh Harris contributed long runs.

In House soccer Winthrop beat an undermanned Eliot squad, 1 to 0, in overtime.

Tomorrow's games pit Winthrop against Dunster in both touch and tackle football, and Kirkland against Adams in soccer.