Undefeated Yardling Sextet Meets Strong Boston College Team Today

The undefeated freshman hockey team takes on an equally undefeated Boston College sextet in the Arena today at 4 p.m. The game could well be a toss-up.

The clash marks the first college competition for either team. Previously the Yardlings have defeated Malden Catholic by 8 to 1 and St. Mark's by 14 to 2.B.C. has also downed Malden, 3 to 0 and beaten Lynn Classical, 7 to 1.

But no one on the freshman squad is putting too much faith in comparative scores, "B.C. outplayed Malden by a much larger margin than we did," Huntington reported after watching the B.C. Malden game.

The B.C. freshman are expected to be especially strong defensively with a good pair of defensemen and a Boston all-scholastic goalie in Don D'Entremont. Coach Myles Huntington adds that their second line is "definitely faster than ours."

But the Yardlings' first line of Bill Cleary (c), Joe Crehore (lw), and Art Noyes (rw) should surpass any line on the ice. The three have amassed 21 points in two games, Cleary personally accounting for 12 of them.

Pete Summers and Phil Price will start at defense today, as first string defenseman Mario Celi is still out with a shoulder separation. Charlie Flynn is in the goal.