'55 Adds 2 New Spring Festivities

The Union Committee revealed last night that the Yardling social calendar has been increased by two dances: the "Frosh Frolic," for which da'es are required, and an as yet unnamed mixer.

The "Frolic" will take place in the Union on Saturday night, March 1, from 8 to 12 p.m., with music provided by Hal Reeves and his nine-piece band. Pids for couples are $2.40. The Committee announced its decision to allow no stags at the dance.

Though still in the planning stage, the mixer will take place on Friday night, March 14, with girls from local high schools and colleges. This dance is the outgrowth of a debate on allowing stags into the regular Union dances, and will presumably give all all freshmen interested a chance to meet young ladies.

Co-beads of the dance committees, William H. Chrisman '55, and Peter M. Berkman '55, stated that the "Frolic" is to be the biggest of the Yardling season with the exception of the Jubilee.

Previous freshman dances were held on the Dartmouth and Princeton football weekends.