Record Group Will Run for Senior Office

70 Seniors Petition For Lifetime Posts

Candidate petitions for the '52 Permanent Class Committee have hit an all-time record of 70, Student Council President Richard E. Johnson '53 announced last night. The total is seven higher than the previous record established in 1950 and is 15 higher than last year.

Johnson was unable to explain the increased number of petitions, all but 18 of which were received just before the deadline on Saturday.

"The fact that a record number of candidates are participating is indicative of great interest in the future activities of the Class of '52." Johnson commented. After drawing up the class constitution, the committee will serve as a liaison between the class and the University and will plan reunions and other activities.

Elections for the 12 seats on the committee will take place Thursday and Friday noon in Dudley, and Friday in the other Houses. The high three men will be the class marshals besides serving on the committee. All 12 hold their positions for life.

Nominations for Class Day Committee will begin shortly and elections are scheduled in about two weeks. The Class Day Committee is in charge of class activities during Commencement Week. And from the Permanent Class Committee, it is the most important class group.