Crimson Sextet Upsets Brown, 5-2

Clasby Scores 3 as Team Regains Form

By James M. Storey

The varsity hockey team pulled a complete reversal of form at the Arena last night when it scored the upset of the season, dumping a heavily favored Brown sextet, 5 to 2. This win was particularly sweet after the trouncing B.U. gave the Crimson earlier in the week.

The first line scored all the Crimson goals, with Dick Clasby pulling the hat trick, getting one in each period, while Amory Hubbard and Walt Greeley each scored one goal. The whole team had the pep and skill which was definitely lacking against the Terriers. It looked like a completely different team in the Crimson uniforms. The back checking and covering on defense was excellent, while the offensive passing kept the puck in the Bruin gone most of the time.

Clasby opened the scoring at 2:36 of the first period, putting in a rebound from a tangle in front of the cage while Bruin goalie Bob Copp was down. The sophomore wing counted again at 9:04 of the second period when Copp again deflected a Hubbard long shot just in front of the goal where both Greeley and Clasby were camped. Clasby flipped it in when Copp went down, while Greeley and Hubbard both received assists.

Greeley Goal Unassisted

The prettiest play of the night came only a minute and eight seconds later when Greeley stickhandled the puck through two defensemen and slapped it in behind Copp unassisted. The Bruins got one back before the end of the period when Bobby Wheeler scored on a long screen shot.

Hubbard knocked in a loose puck in the first minute of the final period after Greeley had soloed in, crashing into the goalie who came out of the net. Wheeler counted again at 5:48 for Brown when Crimson goalie Brad Richardson came way out of the cage to smother a loose puck, but let it get away. Clasby ended the scoring on a neat solo halfway through the period, faking Copp out, and tucking it in behind him.