New Trophy on Block As Squash Stars Play

Finals of the University squad tournament at 2 p.m. this afternoon bring Crimson Captain Jim Bacon against number one man Charlie Ufford in what should be one of the best matches of the year.

"Bacon is a great threat to upset Ufford," Jack Barnaby, varsity squash coach said last night, "and this match pits the power game of Bacon against the finesse game of Ufford--two very different styles of play." In the intercollegiates held in Cambridge two weeks ago, Bacon lost to Dick Squires by one point, and Squires went on to the finals with Ufford. Barnaby feels that had Bacon won that point, it would have made an all-Harvard final match.

Permanent trophies to be presented to the winner and runner-up in the University tournament have been given by the three Foster brothers who have been so prominent on Crimson squash teams in the last few years. Rockwood "Adam" Foster, Henry Foster, and Hugh Foster have donated the prizes which will be awarded by their 92-year-old grandfather, C.H.W. Foster '81, who was a former Crimson football and track star.