Undergraduates Will Form Committee on Hockey Rink

Undergraduates who hope to rouse student opinion in favor of the construction of a University hockey and skating rink will hold an open meeting in Winthrop House tonight.

George W. Chase '53, a wing on last season's hockey squad, told the CRIMSON that the group intends to organize a committee, which will then attempt to coordinate student action on the building of a new rink.

Chase, son of John P. Chase '28, former Crimson hockey coach, said the committee will probably circulate a petition asking the faculty to move up the proposed rink in its construction agenda.

"We may also poll everyone to determine just how much student interest there actually is," Chase continued.

Dick Button, Olympic Skating Champion and Walt Greeley, captain-elect of the hockey team, will support the committee, Chase said. The group also includes Dustin R. Burke '52, last year's hockey captain. Robert G. Lown '52, president of the Lowell House Committee, Roger A. Moore '53, Republican student national committeeman, and Timothy J. Wise '53, captain-elect of the skiing team.

Chase said the group as yet has made no plans to institute a fund drive to finance the building of the rink, and added that the committee would probably not do so.