'27 Class Counts Judge, Diplomats, Missionaries

For the thick, bulging Class of 27's 25th Reunion Report, almost every member of the class contributed a few paragraphs on what he had done and was now doing since he had graduated from the college.

The class has flung wide--half way around the world to Japan, south to Jamaica across among others. Its members have entered nearly every conceivable line of work--from a staggering list of professional men to the man who perhaps holds the world's most unusual job. He is Dan Lynch the Ayomic Junkman. He works with the Atomic Energy Commission, disposing of and salvaging the materials affected by atomic bomb blasts and tests.

Most of the reports reflect a satisfaction with life and life's work on the part of the members. An overwhelming proportion of the class has married, usually to college girls. Most of them worked for the government or entered the services during the last war. Almost all of them have done some traveling outside the country.

Here is only a small sample of some of the members of this class.

Joseph F. Barnes--Editor, Simon and Schuster, Inc., publishers. In overseas branch of the Office of War Information during the war.

Luoius M. Beebe--Journalist, has written 113 books, worked on the editorial staff of the New York Herald Tribune, also had a syndicated column. "This New York," then. Now concerned with past history of the American west.

Wilbur J. Bender--Dean of Harvard College. Director of Admissions beginning next term. Lecturer on History.

Charles E. Bohleh--Russian advisor to the Department of State in Washington, D.C.

William A.M. Burden--Special assistant to the Secretary of the Air Force for Research and Development. In the commerce department for air transport during the war.

Harold J. Coolidge--Executive Director, Pacific Science Board, National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council.

Kenneth B. M. Crooks--Missionary educator, headmaster of the Happy Grove School (a Jamaican government grant-aided college operated under the auspices of the Society of Friends in Jamaica, B.W.I).

Leo F. Daley--Class Marshall. Partner, F.S. Moseley and Co., investment bankers of the New York Stock Exchange.

Lamont duPont Copeland--Secretary, E.I. duPont de Nemours and Co.

Joseph C. Furnas--Writer, free lance. Has published in Esquire, the Saturday Evening Post, Collier's, Look, The Ladies' Home Journal, and others. Life of Robert Louis Stevenson. "Voyage to Windward."

Ernest F. Gamache--Executive director, American Foundation for Tropical Medicine and the Liberian Institute of the American Foundation for Tropical Medicine. Works in Liberia.

John M. Gates--Vice-president, director of design, Steuben Glass.

Leonard H. Goldenson--President, United Paramount Theatres, Inc. Helped organize Hollywood U.S.O. caravans during the war.

Eduardo D. Gonzales--Chief engineer, Central Cunagua, South America. The company is a subsidiary of the American Sugar Refining Co. He supervises the largest and most modern raw sugar factory in the world.

Joseph E. Gleason--Deputy executive secretary, National Security Council, Washington, D.C. In Office of Strategic Services during the war.

Courtland S. Gross--Vice-president, general manager and director, Lockheed Allcraft Corporation.

Ernost A. Grops--Diplomatic services. Deputy U.S. representative to the U.N. Security Council, Delegrate to the fifth General Assembly, U.S. representative to the Peace Observation Commission.

Paul M. Herzog--Chairman of the National Labor Relations Board, Washington, D.C.

Clifford I. Huff--Vice-president, managing director, manufacturing and sales Goodyear products in Uruguay and Argentina. Has been in South America for the last 25 years. Lives in Buenos Aires.

Milton Katz--Associate director, Ford Foundation.

David M. Kelser--President, Cuban-American Sugar Co. Treasurer and director, New York Philharmonic Society of New York.

Bayard L. Kilgour, Jr.--President, Cincinnati and Suburban Bell Telephone Co. and Citizens Telephone Co.

Cecil T. F. B. Lyen--In office of U.S. High Commission in Berlin, Germany. Has been at posts in Havana, Hongkong, Tokyo, Peking, Santiago, Cairo, Warsaw, and Berlin.

France V. Mentarl--In Teheran, Iran, with Italian embassy. Member Italian Diplomatic Service. In Italy during the war.

John O. Whedon--Writer. Has published in Collier's New Yorker, Harper's, and others. In Hollywood, wrote for Ronald Colman, Groucho Marx, Noel Coward, Carole Lombard, Alexander Woolcott, Madeleine Carroll, and Frank Lloyd Wright. Did Duffy's Tavern script for CBS. Now in TV.

Charles E. Wyzaneki, Jr.--U.S. district judge for the District of Massachusetts since 1942. During War, lend-lease administrator for a time. Overseer to the University. One-time lecturer on government