Week's Whoopee Took Almost Two Years of Preparation, Planning

The one week of bearing, buddying, and balling now enjoyed by the Class of '27 is the climax for a handful of class members of two years of work and worry. The executive committee began plans for this one wild, wearying week that long ago.

The intensive attention to detail has taken up most of the time of Reunion cochairman Charles Draper for the past year. In addition, an inversely mushrooming staff of close to 300 grads and hired help worked to make sure every member of the class would attend and enjoy the whoopla.

According to Ernest W. Gross, publicity director, the existence of complete records of past reunions helped greatly. But he pointed out that there were two ways to run a reunion--follow what everyone else did, or innovate. "We did a little of both," he said, "keeping what we liked and throwing in more stuff as we thought of it."

One of the major innovations was the allowing of any organization to use the extra seats at the Pops Concert. The Class of '27 gave the seats to the Perkins Institute for the Blind.