81 Grants Given To Students at Summer School

Forty-seven scholarships totaling $5000 have been awarded to summer school students for the coming term, the Summer School office announced yesterday.

In addition, an anonymous foundation has made 34 grants to students enrolling in the Summer School's special Science Education Program.

The scholarships do not include those given to regularly enrolled Harvard undergraduates, which will be handled by the Financial Aid Center and announced next week.

Some Full Tuitions

Twenty-three of the 47 awards are full tuition scholarships, covering registration fee, two four-unit courses, with the option of auditing an additional two four-unit courses free. The other 24 cover registration, one four-unit course, and a one-course audit if desired.

Seven of the full and 16 of the half tuition grants were awarded non-restrictively. Three of the remaining scholarships went to Radcliffe undergraduates, eight to students at the Graduate School of Education, and 12 others to undergraduates in Southern universities. The remaining award was given to a student at Principia College in Illinois.

The Southern schools receiving scholarships were American University, Armstrong College, Emery University, George Peabody College. the University of Miami. Rollins College, and Vanderbilt University.

The awards for the Science Education students range from $135-$400 each and were given to students from all parts of the country.