Bostrom Explains New USAF Policy To AROTC Men

Air Science 3 will offer a generalized program to both Comptroller and Flight Operations students beginning next year, Colonel Frank H. Bostrom, professor of Air Science and Tactics, told AROTC cadets at a mass drill-period meeting in the New Lecture Hall yesterday.

The new policy will affect the '55 and '56 classes only. This year's Air Science 3 will split into two sections late in October, one for comptrollers and one for flight cadets.

Flight Training Emphasis

"The emphasis," Bostrom said, "will be on obtaining cadets for flight training, although the physical examinations required for Air Science 1 and 2 will not be flight exams." As is now the rule, Flight Operations candidates will take a flight physical before they enter Air Science 3.

Repeating at the assembly what he had told students in private interviews, Bostrom said that the Air Force is rapidly getting all the administrative contracts they need. It is estimated that this year the Air Force commissioned close to 50,000 administrative officers from the AROTC program.