'Male Animal' Set As 1st HDC Show

An almost completely renovated Dramatic Club will open its season on October 28 with a combination of sex, football and academic freedom.

Particularly chosen to appeal to the undergraduate's three major interests, "the Male Animal," written by James Thurber and Elliott Nugent, was successfully revived on Broadway last year.

The show is the first since the Harvard Theatre Group disbanded last spring and its members joined the Dramatic Club. This gives the club much more talent to work with than it has had in years.

Split Showing

The HDC is experimenting with a split showing on two separate football weekends. The first four productions, October 28-31 will end on the night of the Davidson game and the second set, November 4-6, on the night of the Princeton game. All will be given in Pi Eta Theatre.

Featured in the cast are Robin Homet '54 as Tommy Turner, the bewildered English professor; Pirie M. Tuchings '54 as Joe Ferguson, the big brash football hero; Tom Gaydos '54 as Ed Keller; Wendy Goodell as Ellen Turner and Lucy Barry as Patricia Turner. Director will be Ted Gershuny '54 and Peter L. Shoup '55 will produce the show.

HDC plans three other major productions this year and a number of smaller ones. Casting will begin in two weeks for the big winter show.

Plans are also being completed for an acting laboratory in which HDC candidates will be trained for future productions. A faculty director for the lab is expected to be appointed within the next week or two.