Hoyt Yard Soccer Captain; Team Plays Tech Tomorrow

Alfred M. Hoyt '57 of Wigglesworth and Santa Fo, N. M., has been elected captain of the Yardling soccer team, freshman soccer coach Andrew Guyda announced.

Hoyt, a six foot one inch, 170 pound center half, attended Midland School, near Santa Harbara, Calif., and played soccer there.

The Yardlings, victors 3 to 0 over Tufts last Saturday, will play two games this week.

Tomorrow afternoon they will face the M.I.T. freshmen at Tech. Friday afternoon they take on the Dartmouth freshman team on the Business School field.

Against Tufts, Grey Hodnett and Ed Burlingame monopolized all the scoring, Hodnett getting two goals and an assist, and Burlingame one goal and two assists.

The score was no indication of the unevenness of the contest as the Yardlings muffed many chances to increase the score. Tufts had few shots against the three goalies, Phil Berolzheimer, Bob Dubinsky, and Inquar Vetando, used by Guyda.

Guyda did not announce his starting lineup for the game, but it is expected that he will use the same team that opened against Tufts. He will rotate men frequently if the score becomes one-sided.